Wednesday, August 19, 2009

LIVE report from HK

dear all,
i'm safe in hk
arrived in hk airport at hr 1245
everything was ok
the only thing is i was stuck in a closed airplane for 1 hr without aircond n it was not flying at all
then after ppl's complains, the captain asked us to go back to waiting room while waiting for the engineer to repair the plane.
hmm.. as vincent said: this is just the beginning of my journey, gave me a remarkable memories, everything ll turn out better after all
ok.. well
n i finally departed at 0900 (which is 2 hrs late - y airasia always delay nowadays?)
reached airport - found the airport express ticket station - bought ticket n ride on the train
i know every1 ll b wondering how can i travel wif all those stuff
ok.. let me compliment hk's system
i just need to bring the trolley till the door of the train
then carry everything to the train
n when i reached, there is trolley standby at the door
the staff helped me to bring them up to the trolley
n all the way to the taxi
yes.. it's really convenient

registered myself to the hall
got my room
n unpack everything
but i tell u
i found out that the room has no fan
n the weather is terribly hot
sweating PERFECTLY in my room
then i went down to buy aircond credit card (sounds high tech rite? i need to buy the card, then insert it to the card reader n choose how long i want the air cond to b on.. phew)

went to uni to register
but this time is not that smooth
cant find where to register
n office closing at 5pm
n i went out at 4 sumthing
went to student union, they said not here
student office - not
CEDARS - no as well
departmet of stats n actuarial science
NO
but i did get a lot of help from the ppl there
the dept staff allow me to on9 to check out wat i received from HKU
but it didnt work
coz the file cant be read
n it was 6pm di
so in the end i didnt get to register n headed back to hall
n tis was the time i lost in uni
fyi - HKU is really big
there is 2 entrance - east n west
i try to find my way to the west gate coz is nearer to my hall
then i walked n walked n walked
n in the end back to the same spot
so i just went out from east gate n walked back to my hall == (sweating like hell)
back to room
still hot
bath
then aircond time
n followed by dinner (coz mum kept calling to ask me to eat)
got to on9 for a while
n i found out that my pantry (so called common room) has aircond n tv
means tat i dun need to waste my aircond credit to enjoy aircond
so i went it
switched on both of the aircond
n of course tv
n it's TVB time
watched all the dramas which is on ASTRO ON DEMAND
n get to watch for free =p
then slept back to room at 10.30pm (my room is just opposite the pantry)

woke up at 6.30am tis morning
u might b wondering y so early
coz it's really really bright n i thought it's already 9am
again bath, breakfast n tv
then went to uni for registration
n this time i succeeded
didnt get lost
everything settled
n i think i m getting my way to know the route n building in HKU
hang around in com room
select course n timetable
n now going for health talk
will update u guys soon
ciaoz!!

luying
from hk

**will give my add my hp to u guys soon

4 comments:

~LuLu~ said...

hahahaha.. u got lost in HK again... this shows that it's u not me who caused us made police report...

Eileen said...

Lu Yingggg!!! I understand what its like to be lost on the first day...but i'm sure you're having fun! Hehehehe...can't wait to hear frm you soon =) take careee!

christal.loh said...

lu ying got LOST !!!...

call Chan Sir !!!.... >.<

.c

Anonymous said...

Haha..u mentioned hk keep remind me bout my name..XD
Anyway do take care and all the best in hku..^^

Keat