Tuesday, October 6, 2009

finally

i applied for hkid finally
went to wanchai immigration tower today
n it was a complicated process for me to apply a single card - hkid
i went to 8th floor (in charge for hkid) - they told me my student visa has expired (which they didnt tell me during the 1st time i went - they only asked me to leave hk n enter again - n i was brought to the immigration office in shenzhen tat day)
then went to 2nd floor - information counter - ask about my visa
as been told, went to 9th floor, then they said they only in charge for mainland
n went to 5th floor(in charge for visa overstay), they said they dun in charge for student visa
n finally 7th floor - the correct 1.
n the officer told me i need to make another visa n pay hkd160. i told him: it's mistake from your colleague, y should i pay?
then he asked his supervisor to attend me. n finally the supervisor settle for me without any fee required. but to get the visa, i waited for 3 hrs.
loitered in wanchai. did window shopping and buy some neccessities
after 2 hrs, the supervisor called me n ask me to collect my visa. waited for 1 hr to collect.
n went back to 8th floor to apply for hkid.
saw a big sign writing "quota full"
luckily i m smart enough to tell them "i did book for 12.45pm (but tat time was 4.15pm), but ur officer said there is some prob wif my visa. so he asked me to go down to settle and come back again. n tat guy just nodded and gave me a number. (n the fact is, if u missed ur booking time, u need to book again or take the walk in quota - n the officer didnt tell me if my on9 booking still valid since i didnt apply it at 12.45pm)
anyway, i got my number, waited for the next procedure.
n finally at 5.30pm, i got my temporary hkid!
thanks god!
yuhoo!! i think i should celebrate and shout out loud! it was really a hard time!
need to go back to wanchai after 2 weeks to collect my hkid....
phew.. finally... stories end...

No comments: