Tuesday, May 22, 2012

YOU are a GOOD Teacher

Planned to blog this after my exam on Thursday, but YOU are really too GREAT.

Had Credit Risk Exam this morning. And was so touched when the lecturer actually prepare some readings regarding interview and some motivation stories for us.

To be frank, I never regret taking this course, even if I didnt get good grade in the end. You are really a good teacher I met in HKU so far.

Here's an email sent by my lecturer at 10pm last night. I was already touched by the email actually.

Dear folks,

It is getting late now, please go to sleep as soon as possible. I am sorry that I am still busying with something, otherwise I plan to go to patrol the library and kick you out. Maybe next year...

(1)
Remember to bring your Assignment 3 to me to mark during your examination.

Finally, let me quote two messages that I have announced last semester:

(2)
Integrity is the ever most important thing in your LIFE, as a human being.
Therefore, cheating is STRICTLY PROHIBITED tomorrow.

I do not care whether you are an EXPERT in cheating in either of the three major ways (namely, the Technology Method, the Toilet Method, and the Girls Method.)

I promise you to send you to perdition if you dare to try.

(3)
For those who have attended the classes regularly, I sincerely hope that you can get a very good grade in the course. Remember to spend appropriate time (not too much) on every question, and read the question carefully. Don't forget to bring your calculator and student card.

Best Wishes,
Wat


How can you dislike a lecturer when he always send email to you to remind you this and that, even though some one thinks that he is mean. But then, he replied each and every of my emails when I have questions while preparing for exam.

Lecturers, they can choose just to teach, and give us exam. That's it. They dont need to do anything else. But, you are different. You should be Dr. Wat but you never call yourself "Dr.".
You even remember each and every student's name and probably some of their handwriting.
You printed so much notes and practices for us. You even gave us mock exam questions and hold a revision class despite you dont need to do that at all. I should take back my comments to you in the last class. I said, there are too many materials to study for this course, but I am wrong instead. There was me who didnt prepare well for the class test.

Thanks Mr. Wat. Thanks for giving me a nice ending for my Year 3 in HKU.

You are my favourite lecturer in HKU for the past 3 years.

2 comments:

~LuLu~ said...

i thought u said he's weird? haha i should attend the tutorial with u when i was there then. missed it!

hYpEr@cTivE said...

it was his intention to be weird to chase all the bad student away. he is a good teacher after all.
I like him so much!!